680 Madison Avenue
The Carlton House is a landmark building in Manhattan’s Upper East Side Historic District originally built in 1950. It operated as a hotel until recently, when its new owners began a conversion for residential use, with a 3-story addition on top. In order to maximize the living spaces, this conversion required replacing of approximately 50% of the existing steel superstructure with a new concrete core and concrete floor slabs. Carlton House comprises 68 luxury condominium homes and 38,500 SF of retail space.
ArchitectBeyer Blinder Belle